Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blog as an outlet for complaining?

I was doing some introspection on why do I like to blog.

Is it that I want to complain about something, against some system and when I write it here I feel better?

Is it that I just want people to know what I am feeling strongly about?

And why is it important to spill out my frustrations, complains, strong feelings in a blog page?

Hhmmm, I would not say any of this is the reason for my blogging.
You might see some strong feelings in my writings, but it is definitely not a vent to let out my frustrations.

For me, writing here or writing a poem is a way of expressing some thought that is crossing my mind. If the moment passes, the writing or the poem never comes about. Later, sometimes I am happy that I did not write it, but most of the times I think that some output of that thought process would have made a point. It could have made some of you see my observation or poise for a moment to ponder over the topic.

So, my introspection conclusion is that this blog is not a result of some negative moments in my life, this is a result of my urge to bring notice to some topics, which matters to me, to you and to most.

Theme of the story is, I am back to writing days ! Please do let me know through your comments if you think some topic is useless and did not manage to evoke a thought in you. Whole purpose of my expressions here is to stir some feelings inside you after observing my observation :)

2 comments:

Ru. said...

welcome back!
I was wondering if you stopped blogging altogether or just had a writers-block period.
Well, for me blogging is a way of expression..in a relatively quiet and undemanding yet self sufficient manner. saves me from the accusation that I eat others brains :D

Bijayalaxmi Nanda said...

You know what, sometime back I had read an article on how the women population has come forward after 'blogs' were invented.

Points towards the fact that Women did not have a suitable outlet to pour their hearts.

Or may be there is a greater need for them to express given their social status from generations?

And the article said that the percentage of women bloggers from Asian countries was very high.

Could not locate that article again, but that is what I remember and sometimes wonder if it is true!

However, definitely not true for me :) Even before blogs were in popular culture, I never hesitated to express!

Melee, what would you say?